A breathable, absorbent dressing for low to moderately exuding wounds from the world’s wound care brand.
Mepore® is a breathable, absorbent, self-adhesive dressing for a wide variety of wounds with low to moderate exudate levels – such as surgical wounds, cuts, and abrasions. The dressing fixes gently and securely to the skin with a skin-friendly, water-based adhesive, and it’s air permeable to prevent maceration of the wound.
- Water-based, solvent-free adhesive provides gentle fixation
- Wound contact layer is low-adherent
- Breathable to prevent maceration and help maintain a moist wound environment
- Easy-to-remove protection paper is also aseptic
- Fabric is conformable and flexible to allow body movement
Mefix® can be used to fixate a wide variety of dressings and devices to the skin – including swabs, catheters and tubes. Mefix is pre-measured in 10 cm intervals – so it’s convenient to cut to the shape and size you need. The protection paper also has a perforated split every 10 cm so you can apply and remove it easily. With a water-based adhesive, it is kind to the skin while providing secure fixation.
- Water-based, solvent-free adhesive is kind to the skin.
- Protection paper supports convenient measurement and cutting.
- Flexible fabric conforms to body contours and allows movement.
- Air and water permeable to prevent maceration of the skin
When to use Mefix
Mefix® can be used to fixate dressings, swabs, catheters and tubes – and in a wide variety of other situations where fixation is required.
How to use Mefix
Please be careful not to apply Mefix® under tension – as this may cause shearing forces, which can damage the skin. This is particularly important over joints.